Department of Parks and Recreation
23101 Hall Road, Woodhaven, MI 48183
Administration Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Weekdays)
Phone: (734) 675-4926 Fax: (734) 675-4396
Welcome to the Department of Parks and Recreation!
Dear Woodhaven Residents,
All indoor programming is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This very difficult decision to pause indoor programs is based on the continuing uncertainty surrounding the disease and the need to practice safe social distancing measures to help eliminate the spread of the virus from person to person. The health and safety of the community served as the guide. We appreciate your understanding and support.
Once the virus is under control and we are able to gather safely again, the department will be able to institute programs and services in a very timely manner. Our dedicated program staff members are ready and excited to begin offering services once conditions are deemed safe by the Governor and public health officials.
The City of Woodhaven Facebook page and website at www.woodhavenmi.org are great resources for community updates and notices on the current status of programs and services.
If you have questions or concerns about refunds, services and future programs, please contact us at (734) 675-4926. The community center is closed but the staff will be answering your phone calls, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
The Woodhaven on Wheels van service continues to operate Monday through Friday. This service provides assistance to senior citizens and residents who are unable to drive for medical reasons. If you require service, please contact our driver/dispatch at (734) 231-6987.
We can’t thank you enough for your patience and the care you have taken while utilizing the parks and open spaces over the past several months..
We will see you soon and please stay safe,
The Woodhaven Parks and Recreation Department Staff
Please take time to read the information below and share with family and friends:
Protect Yourself and Others from COVID-19
Staying physically active is one of the best ways to keep your mind and body healthy. In many areas, people can visit parks, trails, and open spaces as a way to relieve stress, get some fresh air and vitamin D, stay active, and safely connect with others.
Know before you go: While park and recreation facilities and areas can offer health benefits, it is important that you follow the steps below to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
- Visit parks that are close to your home
- Prepare before you visit
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others (“social distancing”) and take other steps to prevent COVID-19
- Visit parks if you are sick or were recently exposed to COVID-19
- Visit crowded parks
- Do NOT come to the park if you:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell
- Have been in contact with anyone that has had COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks
- Are a high-risk individual and your local health and government officials are directing you to stay home (High-risk individuals include those 65+ and people with serious underlying health conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and illnesses that compromise breathing or the immune system.)
- If not participating in an active sport, face coverings are highly recommended
- Abide by the maximum social gathering sizes WHILE ensuring you are practicing social distancing (it is not an either or)
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer, both frequently. Individuals should bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Use the restroom before leaving home
- Bring your own water or alternate hydration bottle
- Sneeze or cough only into a tissue or your elbow
- Limit your time at the facility so that you arrive just before the event or activity you are taking part in.
- Avoid touching frequently used surfaces such as water fountains, gates, fences, nets, benches, handles, bathrooms/fixtures, etc.
- Avoid touching your face at all times
- Shower and wash and change your clothes immediately upon returning home